- You must be authorized to request the record of another person. Typically, this requires a Letter of Authorization (or Release of Information Form) signed by the patient or legal guardian. A signed Power of Attorney, (or equivalent), should be provided where a patient signature is not available. Required document(s) should be uploaded along with this request by attaching below. (See “Attach Release of Information Form” section.)
- Patients 16 years of age or older must sign for the release of their own records.
- You will receive a certified COPY of the patient record. The original record is the property of the physician.
- Each certified copy of a medical record is delivered as a digitally scanned file by secure download (unless other arrangements are made). The file will be fully text searchable for ease of reference.
- A non-refundable Search Fee of $50.00 + sales tax is payable immediately with this request. Searches are not initiated without receipt of this fee. If you wish to pay by credit card, please call 1-888-563-3732 Ext. 641. (If you wish to mail in a cheque, please mail in a printed copy of the form along with the cheque. Make cheques payable to “RSRS Inc.” and send to RSRS Inc. – Third Party Requests, 111 St. Regis Cres. S., Toronto, ON M3J 1Y6.)
- A Copying & Delivery Fee is charged separately. RSRS will send you an invoice for copying & delivery once the record has been located and assessed.
- Rush Requests should be made by contacting us at 1-888-563-3732 Ext. 641. Additional charges may apply.
Please proceed to fill in the information below, attach a digital copy of the “Release of Information” form, (if available), and click “Order Patient Record” to go to the Printable Order Form Page. (If you are looking for your own medical record or the medical record of a family member, click here.)